Speaking under pressure, or thinking on your feet, is based on being able to quickly organize your thoughts and ideas, and then being able to convey them meaningfully to your audience to modify their attitudes or behavior. It applies to formal speeches as well as everyday business situations. It requires presence of mind, goal orientation, adaptation, and judgment. It also requires differentiating between oral and written communications.
This two day workshop has been designed for those who are in positions where they must speak in front of audiences that are hostile or demanding. This material is also suitable for those who are relatively new speakers who want some encouragement to speak up in meetings or who want some training before they begin making presentations on behalf of the organization.
This course is aimed at improving your skills and learning some new techniques which will give you the persuasive edge when you are making a presentation, fielding difficult questions, or presenting complex information.
At the end of the 2-Day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Equipped with Quick and easy preparation methods – whether you have one minute or one week to prepare.
- Prepare for questions before you know what those questions will be.
- Apply Strategies to overcome the nerves that you may have when speaking in front of a group, particularly if the group is not sympathetic to what you have to say.
- Equipped with Presentation techniques that establish your credibility and get people on your side.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Getting started
- Planning your presentation
- Force field analysis
- Understanding your audience
- Controlling your jitters
- Making your listener hear you
- Key themes and key sentences
- A plan to structure ideas
- Organization methods
- Our body language
- Beginnings and endings
- Expanding a basic plan
- Practice presentations
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to hone their skills and build confidence in public-speaking. Especially relevant for business professionals that need to make frequent and impromptu presentations and speeches.
For course registration or enquiries, please call (+65) 65670098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on course dates and training fee, please see our training calendar.
The 2-Day workshop would be delivered through mini lectures, case studies, role plays, video clips, and paired/group discussions.