This is a one-day workshop for those who already are good writers. Our time will be devoted to writing letters of recommendation, of persuasion, of refusal or of action, that reflect current word usage and up-to-date formats. You can also become more skilled at writing business cases, proposals and reports, and learn a bit more about e-mail etiquette.
At the end of the 1-day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss your writing challenges.
- Learn how to make your writing clear, concise, and correct.
- Improve sentence construction and paragraph development.
- Identify some ways to make your writer simpler and easier to read.
- Learn about a tool that can determine how readable your work is.
- Develop effective business letters for tough situations.
- Discuss e-mail etiquette.
- Develop an appropriate writing style and format for your letters, business cases, and reports.
- Recognize standard ways of documenting materials.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- How to make your writing clear, concise, and correct
- Types of words and when to use them
- Using inclusive language
- Seven ways to simplify your writing
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- Business letter formats
- How to write a report or proposal
- How to write a business case
- How to write a request for proposals
- E-mail etiquette
- Documenting sources
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone who want to be skilled at writing business cases, proposals and reports, and learn more about e-mail etiquette.
The one-day workshop would be delivered through mini lectures, case study, role plays, and group discussions