This two-day workshop is designed to help you overcome many of the supervisory problems you will encounter in your first few weeks as a boss, whether you are a team leader, a project manager, or a unit coordinator. Dealing with the many problems a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
At the end of the 2-Day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Guide the team members in clarifyig their roles and responsibilities of their new job.
- Assist the the team member to adjust to the new role with confidence and assurance that he/she can handle the position.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Develop a technique for making sure you give employees instructions that are clear and understood.
- Identify some techniques to deal with employee challenges, such as hostility, complaints, and laziness.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Pre-assignment review
- Making the transition
- Responsibilities of a supervisor
- Setting goals
- Planning for success
- Listening skills
- Asking questions
- Giving feedback
- Ask for what you want
- Giving instructions
- Orders, requests, and suggestions
- Managing conflict
- Dealing with difficult employees
- Dealing with others
- The reciprocal quality of relationships
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for Supervisors, Managers, Team Leaders, Project Coordinators or anyone in a leadership position who want to become a more effective supervisor to enhance staff’s performance.
For course registration or enquiries, please call (+65) 65670098 or email email@example.com
For more information on course dates and training fee, please see our training calendar.
The 2-day workshop would be delivered through mini lectures, case studies, role plays, video clips, and paired/group discussions.