People who can master the art of negotiation find they can save time, save money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in the workplace.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life at any level. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this two day workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate with both internal and external clients. This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communications and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
At the end of the 2-Day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills.
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances.
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics.
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options.
- Have the opportunity to practice the “how to” of these skills in a supportive environment.
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- What is Negotiation?
- The Successful Negotiator
- Preparing for Negotiation
- The Nuts and Bolts
- Making the Right Impression
- Getting off to a Good Start
- Exchanging Information
- The Bargaining Stage
- Inventing Options for Mutual Gain
- Getting Past No and Getting to Yes
- Dealing with Negative Emotions
- Moving from Bargaining to Closing
- The Closing Stage
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for Managers, Executives, Supervisors and Professionals who need to negotiate for best results in the most effective manner. Especially relevant for professionals in Sales, Accounts Management and Procurement etc.
For course registration or enquiries, please call (+65) 65670098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on course dates and training fee, please see our training calendar.
The 2-Day workshop would be delivered through mini lectures, case studies, role plays, video clips, and paired/group discussions.