Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned.
This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation: when to delegate, and who to delegate to. We will also go through the delegation process step by step, to see where the pitfalls lie, and what we can do about getting around them.
At the end of the 1-Day workshop, participants will be able to:
- Clearly identify how delegation fits into your job and how it can make you more successful.
- Identify different ways of delegating tasks.
- Use an eight-step process for effective delegation.
- Give better instructions for better delegation results.
- Ask better questions and listen more effectively.
- Recognize common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- Test your delegation skills.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- What is delegation?
- Why delegate?
- Picking the right person
- The delegation meeting
- Levels of authority
- Giving instructions
- Communication skills
- Monitoring delegation
- Practicing delegation
- Giving feedback
- Becoming a good delegator
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for Supervisors, Managers, Executives and Professionals who want to learn strategies to delegate tasks effectively.
For course registration or enquiries, please call (+65) 65670098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on course dates and training fee, please see our training calendar.
The 1-day workshop would be delivered through mini lectures, case studies, role plays, video clips, and paired/group discussions.